Drive Pack insurance is perfect for light and small trucks
Are you a tradie, courier or simply own a business that uses a small truck? We understand how important your truck is to your business. With Drive Pack we can help you customise your small truck insurance to cover what you need.
For a small truck insurance with national truck breakdown and roadside assistance across Australia, look no further than Truck Assist. With help available 24/7, anywhere – we’ve got your back.
Drive Pack inclusions
Comprehensive Motor Cover
Our Drive Pack is there for you through thick and thin.
Our comprehensive motor cover includes your trucks, trailers, plant and machinery.
We can cover:
- Vehicle replacements for vehicles and mobile plant between 2-3 years
- Accessories, such as chains, tarps and personal effects
- Trauma counselling
- Emergency accommodation
Our small truck insurance is customisable. Adjust your excess to save on your premium or up your protection.
Comprehensive Downtime Cover
You’ve had an accident and your vehicle is off the road. Now what?
Luckily for you, our downtime cover came prepared.
Comprehensive downtime cover includes:
- Automatic cover of up to $500 for 1-4 weeks (1 week excess applies)
- Personalise your cover to your needs by adjusting your period of cover or amount
Truck Assist downtime cover can help you keep your business moving, covering your expenses while your truck’s getting repaired.
Truck Breakdown Service
When your truck breaks down or you get stuck, we’re here for you.
Up to $300 in truck roadside breakdown and mechanic assistance services? Done.
- Emergency fuel delivery
- Tyre or wheel change
- Flat battery
- Hydraulic hose repairs
- Message relay
Get 24/7 breakdown assistance anytime, anywhere in Australia.
Small truck insurance FAQs
Under Drive Pack, your small truck insurance can be adjusted to cover whatever you need. This could include adjusting your excess to save on your premiums, or adding extras for total protection. For example, you may want to extend the period and amount of money for downtime cover.
No matter what your truck insurance needs are, we’ll help you find the small/light truck insurance cover that’s right for you. Get a custom quote online in minutes!
No. By default your small truck insurance will not be cheaper. Your light truck insurance quote will be based on your business’ needs. This may include:
- Number of vehicles
- Vehicle type, age, and value
- The excess and downtime cover you've chosen
Yes, there are some excesses attached to inexperienced drivers or young drivers. Conditions also apply to:
- Prime movers
- Dangerous goods (placard load quantities are excluded)
- Radius limits to livestock and refrigerated cargo
No. Trade tools (e.g. power tools) that are used away from your vehicle are not covered under Drive Pack. A general property or business insurance cover may be what you need.
Here’s what is covered:
- Accessories (including built-in radio/CB radio/fixed telephone/refrigerator/TV receiver/CD player)
- Tools and spare parts that the manufacturer supplies as standard equipment
- Tarps, gates, chains, chain dogs
- Accessories that you own or lease that are normally attached to/in/on your motor vehicle (e.g. buckets, chain trencher, hammer)
- $5,000 automatic combined benefit provided for extras and working accessories (if you need more, please ensure your sum insured reflects this)
- Other attachments and accessories
- Hiab crane arms, tailgate loaders, etc.
Please ensure the sum insured reflects the value of these items.
Breakdown service is an automatic roadside benefit in your Drive Pack ($300 limit). This cannot be removed and is in addition to the limit under your Truck Assist Roadside product. That means you get a higher combined limit.
Get a small truck insurance quote online
Whether you’re a courier, tradesperson, truck owner or operator, we’ll find a custom small truck insurance option for you. Getting a personalised quote online is quick and easy – all it takes is a few minutes.